Elderlands Forums
Elderlands Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
 All Forums
 Lothgar Online
 Lothgar Online Discussion
 How have we spent the Donation Money..
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

-DeJa Vu-
Stygian Newborn

USA
29 Posts

Posted - 04/26/2017 :  10:21:02 AM  Show Profile Send -DeJa Vu- a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by KaaLimaTo

I say we need more music!

+1. Keep those amazing tunes coming. Tarantula's work is a big part of our fond memories in these games.
Go to Top of Page

Dakyna
Stygian Squire

123 Posts

Posted - 04/26/2017 :  11:39:25 AM  Show Profile  Visit Dakyna's Homepage Send Dakyna a Private Message  Reply with Quote
You know what, you guys are right. $700 on actual game content is more than enough, and Rizla should probably have been paid more for inventing level requirements and chokepoints or whatever it is he's done??
You paid your son the least from the allocated money and he's probably produced the most, as far as anyone who's playing the game can tell.

Loth, I think we all appreciate you reviving this game for the players and the attention you've given it. I hadn't given the 'budget' a second thought until I read this, but I'd be remiss if I didn't point out how absurd some of that run down seems to me. There will obviously be more sycophantic members of this community that would never dare challenge you, but this isn't a personal attack. I hope everything goes well, I hope your microtransactions are a sucess and that you eventually see income from this game so you can keep giving LO your attention.

Kaali and some others seem to like Tarantula's music, perhaps you have a link for them so they can buy it for themselves?
Go to Top of Page

KaaLimaTo
Stygian Hero

Finland
2070 Posts

Posted - 04/26/2017 :  2:12:50 PM  Show Profile Send KaaLimaTo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Dakyna, the way the donation worked was:

You donate, you get AC and different perks. You did not get a shareholder chair in Asylumsoft company...

There is as much opinions on how to spend the money as there is people. Lothgar has every right and it makes sense that he decides where the _donation_ money goes, not the community.

"This is dregrading into some seriously immature sht. Grow the hell up guys. Arguing over nothing.. I know you bored but just look at how retarded this conversation looks from a different perspective." -Concept

quote:
Originally posted by DEV Lothgar

EL has still been evolving from even a few years ago. We've tried different approaches and have finally locked in on something we liked. More indepth world and gameplay mechanics. More emphasis on PvE but still a great emphasis on PvP. We've moved away from the "Wow-Like quest handholding" as the primary form of gameplay and have chosen to do a more open world area with points of interest that have a mix of quests, farming, grinding, exploration. But it is not what the old classic Dransik players wanted. They wanted a more simplistic world without a barrage of different mechanics. They wanted the simplicity of old Dransik with brutal PvP, large areas to explore and more. I totally understand the desire of LO and I can agree with it. I understand some players will play both. Some will stay only with LO, some will migrate to EL. From our point of view, as long as it makes sense to refactor and launch LO it is a viable option. It would make a section of the community happy and also relieve the EL project from trying to satisfy everybody. Each game can focus on the proper audience.

Edited by - KaaLimaTo on 04/26/2017 2:13:38 PM
Go to Top of Page

DEV Lothgar
Stygian God

USA
9039 Posts

Posted - 04/26/2017 :  2:16:18 PM  Show Profile Send DEV Lothgar a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Dakyna... if you want to complain so badly about how horribly I'm managing the money then I'll gladly refund your 'donation' and call it day.

Community: When will the game be done? Lothgar: Soon™

There are only 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary and those who have friends.
We-re not necessarily so brilliant as some of the things we-ve done might lead us to believe.

Edited by - GM Westley on 11/27/2006 12:35:36
Go to Top of Page

Dakyna
Stygian Squire

123 Posts

Posted - 04/26/2017 :  3:53:20 PM  Show Profile  Visit Dakyna's Homepage Send Dakyna a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Only, I don't think that. I know you know what you're doing. This is all in the context of this 'budget', this is your thing and I'm sure you see the bigger picture.
As a player I see that only 7% of the budget has gone to someone creating new content but more than double that on music and as you might imagine, as someone looking forward to playing the game, that's not what I would hope to see.
Go to Top of Page

DEV Lothgar
Stygian God

USA
9039 Posts

Posted - 04/26/2017 :  4:01:31 PM  Show Profile Send DEV Lothgar a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Right and you need to understand that in game development some costs are much higher than one may think. Rizla created the main map, all those towns, touched up newbie island. Some of the things you complained about (level reqs, etc) was my doing. That is balancing not initial design/content.

Now Music for pretty much all games is important, may not be for you but it is for many. EL has over 20 songs and they set the mood of the areas. LO was to bring back the sound/feel of Dransik, which it did. That is an expensive cost and it is a cost I have limited control over. Believe me I know how much it hit the budget which is why I ended up having to limit the number of songs that were made for the game.

In regards to that 7% you are talking about please read the following... That 7% went to artwork and that was paid for was very small and the artist was able to produce it very quickly. They billed me what they thought was fair. I didn't dictate that. So nobody was screwed. The artist who created that artwork has also made much more money doing EL artwork, actually more than the entire budget of LO. And that money came directly out of my pocket, from my paycheck that I get from my IRL job. :)

There are only 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary and those who have friends.
We-re not necessarily so brilliant as some of the things we-ve done might lead us to believe.

Go to Top of Page

Valok
Stygian Newborn

21 Posts

Posted - 04/28/2017 :  5:40:31 PM  Show Profile  Visit Valok's Homepage Send Valok a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I would think you should get a little for your time but understand that using it towards other things helps the game. I missed that as I wasn't really online. I would have donated for sure. Wish I could at this moment as I have always been around, I just like to hide in the shadows.

Once known as Keldrick
Session 2 tester
Go to Top of Page

regu
Stygian Newborn

5 Posts

Posted - 04/28/2017 :  7:13:27 PM  Show Profile Send regu a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Is the donation thing finished btw? Have a friend who really wants a custom avatar. :D
Go to Top of Page

Artemis
Stygian Knight

USA
666 Posts

Posted - 04/28/2017 :  10:50:32 PM  Show Profile Send Artemis a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by regu

Is the donation thing finished btw? Have a friend who really wants a custom avatar. :D

Yes Regu, Sorry the donation site is closed, and set to be turned into a Asylum Coin shop soon.

Thanks tho!

Go to Top of Page

partone
Stygian Newborn

Brazil
1 Posts

Posted - 08/04/2017 :  6:39:12 PM  Show Profile Send partone a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I write a message and don't save it and it goes out to the space(I haven't an account ou forum), but... I'm a new member in the community since yesterday, I'm brazilian and the game is great and I think it have a lot potential. We talked about it all day. I don't know ifyou're solo on work and it's a lot of work and I don't read to much on forum since now but i'll do. I can't help with funds unfortunatelly but i'll help anyway and I deserve the better. You guy(s) done a great job, keep it, see great future. Thank you, I lost my previous comment and can't write much hahaha... For now it's it. It's good, see ya. Keep the good job, and thank you.
Go to Top of Page

Segarus
Stygian Knight

Iceland
714 Posts

Posted - 08/04/2017 :  9:00:10 PM  Show Profile Send Segarus a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by partone

I write a message and don't save it and it goes out to the space(I haven't an account ou forum), but... I'm a new member in the community since yesterday, I'm brazilian and the game is great and I think it have a lot potential. We talked about it all day. I don't know ifyou're solo on work and it's a lot of work and I don't read to much on forum since now but i'll do. I can't help with funds unfortunatelly but i'll help anyway and I deserve the better. You guy(s) done a great job, keep it, see great future. Thank you, I lost my previous comment and can't write much hahaha... For now it's it. It's good, see ya. Keep the good job, and thank you.

We sincerely appreciate your feedback :)
Go to Top of Page

DEV Lothgar
Stygian God

USA
9039 Posts

Posted - 08/05/2017 :  08:38:46 AM  Show Profile Send DEV Lothgar a Private Message  Reply with Quote
partone, Thank you for the post. I'm glad you enjoy the game. And I appreciate your offer to help. Continuing to enjoy the game is all we ask. :)

We are continuing to build more onto the game and add more content and features. This is only the beginning.

Go to Top of Page

Faravid
Stygian Squire

Finland
316 Posts

Posted - 08/23/2017 :  05:40:40 AM  Show Profile Send Faravid a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Dakyna. Completely pointless rant from you.

Faravid
Go to Top of Page

Segarus
Stygian Knight

Iceland
714 Posts

Posted - 12/03/2017 :  05:00:27 AM  Show Profile Send Segarus a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by DEV Lothgar

partone, Thank you for the post. I'm glad you enjoy the game. And I appreciate your offer to help. Continuing to enjoy the game is all we ask. :)

We are continuing to build more onto the game and add more content and features. This is only the beginning.

So what you're saying is... "This is not even my final form!!!!"
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Elderlands Forums © Asylumsoft, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000