Elderlands Forums
Elderlands Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
 All Forums
 Lothgar Online
 Lothgar Online Suggestions
 Help keep new players
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Spartan Dylan
Stygian Peasant

Australia
62 Posts

Posted - 10/07/2017 :  7:43:32 PM  Show Profile Send Spartan Dylan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I have been keeping watch on the Oakenvale area trying to catch all the new players coming through and I have noticed a few things that I think we all already know anyway.

1. They come across bug swarms straight away and die really quickly
2. They can't talk (presumably using town talk, pretty sure this will be fixed in the next update anyway)
3. Not enough low level armours dropping between levels 1-5
4. Need a notification when you turn level 6 that you'll start losing stuff when you die.
5. First quest doesn't get you to level 2 and you need to be level 2 to see the other quests, people will often look for the rest of the quests at level 1 and give up.

I've found that most new players don't make it to level 5, fewer make it to level 10 but once they get to level 10 they are basically hooked.

Edited by - Spartan Dylan on 10/07/2017 8:04:26 PM

ASoul
Stygian Newborn

Canada
16 Posts

Posted - 10/08/2017 :  12:16:27 AM  Show Profile Send ASoul a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Agreed
Go to Top of Page

KillerOrc
Stygian Newborn

Canada
16 Posts

Posted - 10/08/2017 :  04:32:31 AM  Show Profile Send KillerOrc a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I think that also a building or a hall in the starting town or close by , with higher end gear that new players , could see of the possibility of the items they could obtain (kinda like in solodon) would keep them interested knowing there is much more out in the world that is to be discovered
Go to Top of Page

Spartan Dylan
Stygian Peasant

Australia
62 Posts

Posted - 10/08/2017 :  5:05:27 PM  Show Profile Send Spartan Dylan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm thinking that starter quests should give out low level armours and weapons to help them through for a bit.

Maybe a few more quests where you only need to kill 10 bats or something as well. The kill 50 bats/spiders is a bit overwhelming and takes a while especially with no equipment upgrades.
Go to Top of Page

KillerOrc
Stygian Newborn

Canada
16 Posts

Posted - 10/08/2017 :  8:07:47 PM  Show Profile Send KillerOrc a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Agreed
Go to Top of Page

ASoul
Stygian Newborn

Canada
16 Posts

Posted - 10/13/2017 :  11:18:25 AM  Show Profile Send ASoul a Private Message  Reply with Quote
^
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Elderlands Forums © Asylumsoft, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000