Elderlands Forums
Elderlands Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
 All Forums
 Lothgar Online
 Lothgar Online Discussion
 + items too good
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Friend
Stygian Squire

409 Posts

Posted - 04/20/2017 :  5:23:52 PM  Show Profile Send Friend a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I think +items being 20% buff is a bit crazy, I wouldnt change the ones alrdy in game but going forward when flamers and all that are in 20% will be too much espec when u tack on the bonus ele damage. It also makes upgrades hard to get cuz if you have a +4 item its gonna be hard to replace for a few tiers. Just me thoughts everything seems fine so far but as the numbers get bigger i c this being a problem.

Rippity

regu
Stygian Newborn

3 Posts

Posted - 04/20/2017 :  7:41:53 PM  Show Profile Send regu a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Nah it's good.
Go to Top of Page

Warrior X
Stygian Knight

USA
592 Posts

Posted - 04/21/2017 :  07:49:34 AM  Show Profile Send Warrior X a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I seen a +4 battle axe with 60 dps that's with its max dmg of 125 that is considered + weapons being to strong in my book. That's like a 50+ weapon not a low tier weapon. Sure there is others the same way. I can only imagine hitting 600 now becoming 2k at lvl 100 weapons

DNW/Dransik Beta - Miller / Warrior X
Pre DS AE - HellsMachine / Runic Warrior
Current AE - Miller / Aaa / Warrior X

Guilds I've led or took part in leading... DE, Circle of Fear, Aliens, WP
Other guilds I've been in. UE, FU, OGD, -2P-, Crafters, Clerics, DtA, LION, WoH, Nemesis, A.
Go to Top of Page

jesus
Stygian Peasant

55 Posts

Posted - 04/21/2017 :  3:38:26 PM  Show Profile Send jesus a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The + system needs to be ditched for lvl 50 to 100 content.
Go to Top of Page

DEV Lothgar
Stygian God

USA
8976 Posts

Posted - 04/22/2017 :  12:49:11 PM  Show Profile Send DEV Lothgar a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Jesus, we will have SOME items that still have the +1 to +5 system. But with higher level gear we're going to focus more on unique pieces with abilities and stats.

Community: When will the game be done? Lothgar: Soon™

There are only 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary and those who have friends.
We-re not necessarily so brilliant as some of the things we-ve done might lead us to believe.

Edited by - GM Westley on 11/27/2006 12:35:36
Go to Top of Page

KaaLimaTo
Stygian Hero

Finland
2061 Posts

Posted - 04/22/2017 :  1:26:22 PM  Show Profile Send KaaLimaTo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by DEV Lothgar

Jesus, we will have SOME items that still have the +1 to +5 system. But with higher level gear we're going to focus more on unique pieces with abilities and stats.

We should think if the new + items would be +10% better per + compared to the base item, weapons are starting to hit a ton of damage.

"This is dregrading into some seriously immature sht. Grow the hell up guys. Arguing over nothing.. I know you bored but just look at how retarded this conversation looks from a different perspective." -Concept

quote:
Originally posted by DEV Lothgar

EL has still been evolving from even a few years ago. We've tried different approaches and have finally locked in on something we liked. More indepth world and gameplay mechanics. More emphasis on PvE but still a great emphasis on PvP. We've moved away from the "Wow-Like quest handholding" as the primary form of gameplay and have chosen to do a more open world area with points of interest that have a mix of quests, farming, grinding, exploration. But it is not what the old classic Dransik players wanted. They wanted a more simplistic world without a barrage of different mechanics. They wanted the simplicity of old Dransik with brutal PvP, large areas to explore and more. I totally understand the desire of LO and I can agree with it. I understand some players will play both. Some will stay only with LO, some will migrate to EL. From our point of view, as long as it makes sense to refactor and launch LO it is a viable option. It would make a section of the community happy and also relieve the EL project from trying to satisfy everybody. Each game can focus on the proper audience.

Edited by - KaaLimaTo on 04/22/2017 1:28:23 PM
Go to Top of Page

Acry
Board Admin

USA
720 Posts

Posted - 04/22/2017 :  1:37:29 PM  Show Profile Send Acry a Private Message  Reply with Quote
yeah, + items are getting insane in damage. we've got some hitting over 600 already.
Go to Top of Page

Remi
Stygian Peasant

Finland
62 Posts

Posted - 04/22/2017 :  6:11:33 PM  Show Profile Send Remi a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Considering how common +0 drops are, and how rare +1 to +5 drops are, the damage at the moment is fine. It's better to have people running around with their +2 and +3 magic weapons than just regular golden magic ones...
Go to Top of Page

Warrior X
Stygian Knight

USA
592 Posts

Posted - 04/22/2017 :  8:40:29 PM  Show Profile Send Warrior X a Private Message  Reply with Quote
At this current stage of the game weapons are to strong. Anything with "80" dmg on it frankly is something that should require above lvl 50, or we need a new formula for damage to make it easier, but could screw over lower lvl weapons, suggestion would be to boost lvl of those items and rename to something which would be easier to wipe from those who already have much like happen on EL for flames and such. For comparison sake 40-90 dmg is/was average dmg on DC weapons. Anything above that were high end items that dropped from 60+ mobs. Also add in the fact DC weapons were faster than these which can review suggestions page for my idea on that. People wanted this to be pretty much a DC Clone, but better and with development we need to start by balancing. If this is how damage is going to stay then maybe we need 50 hp per con, which leads to op amount of health for pve.

DNW/Dransik Beta - Miller / Warrior X
Pre DS AE - HellsMachine / Runic Warrior
Current AE - Miller / Aaa / Warrior X

Guilds I've led or took part in leading... DE, Circle of Fear, Aliens, WP
Other guilds I've been in. UE, FU, OGD, -2P-, Crafters, Clerics, DtA, LION, WoH, Nemesis, A.

Edited by - Warrior X on 04/22/2017 8:41:31 PM
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Elderlands Forums © Asylumsoft, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000