Elderlands Forums
Elderlands Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
 All Forums
 Lothgar Online
 Lothgar Online Suggestions
 Stack items droprate
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

KaaLimaTo
Stygian Hero

Finland
2065 Posts

Posted - 04/20/2017 :  09:32:19 AM  Show Profile Send KaaLimaTo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
make every stack item, including gold drop 1/10th of what their drop rate is now, and 10x the quantity

It's annoying to pick up stuff after every monster.

"This is dregrading into some seriously immature sht. Grow the hell up guys. Arguing over nothing.. I know you bored but just look at how retarded this conversation looks from a different perspective." -Concept

quote:
Originally posted by DEV Lothgar

EL has still been evolving from even a few years ago. We've tried different approaches and have finally locked in on something we liked. More indepth world and gameplay mechanics. More emphasis on PvE but still a great emphasis on PvP. We've moved away from the "Wow-Like quest handholding" as the primary form of gameplay and have chosen to do a more open world area with points of interest that have a mix of quests, farming, grinding, exploration. But it is not what the old classic Dransik players wanted. They wanted a more simplistic world without a barrage of different mechanics. They wanted the simplicity of old Dransik with brutal PvP, large areas to explore and more. I totally understand the desire of LO and I can agree with it. I understand some players will play both. Some will stay only with LO, some will migrate to EL. From our point of view, as long as it makes sense to refactor and launch LO it is a viable option. It would make a section of the community happy and also relieve the EL project from trying to satisfy everybody. Each game can focus on the proper audience.

Edited by - KaaLimaTo on 04/22/2017 04:54:59 AM

SephiGast
Stygian Squire

United Kingdom
185 Posts

Posted - 04/20/2017 :  09:38:16 AM  Show Profile Send SephiGast a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'd say it's more annoying getting nothing from a monster... especially those at a higher level XD (Though this might just be due to missing items that haven't been added as of yet)
Go to Top of Page

Warrior X
Stygian Knight

USA
632 Posts

Posted - 04/21/2017 :  04:42:18 AM  Show Profile Send Warrior X a Private Message  Reply with Quote
What's wrong with an auto loot instead?

DNW/Dransik Beta - Miller / Warrior X
Pre DS AE - HellsMachine / Runic Warrior
Current AE - Miller / Aaa / Warrior X

Guilds I've led or took part in leading... DE, Circle of Fear, Aliens, WP
Other guilds I've been in. UE, FU, OGD, -2P-, Crafters, Clerics, DtA, LION, WoH, Nemesis, A.
Go to Top of Page

Bunnkywhat
Stygian Squire

USA
192 Posts

Posted - 04/21/2017 :  04:47:29 AM  Show Profile  Visit Bunnkywhat's Homepage Send Bunnkywhat a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Warrior X

What's wrong with an auto loot instead?

People would cry carebear :/

I agree, picking up 12-40 gold almost every mob to make money for someone who has no luck at all, is extremely tiresome.

Edited by - Bunnkywhat on 04/21/2017 04:48:32 AM
Go to Top of Page

Warrior X
Stygian Knight

USA
632 Posts

Posted - 04/21/2017 :  09:47:01 AM  Show Profile Send Warrior X a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Not sure how I would be a care bear, people need to vulch to feel some kind of way? Bums vulch

DNW/Dransik Beta - Miller / Warrior X
Pre DS AE - HellsMachine / Runic Warrior
Current AE - Miller / Aaa / Warrior X

Guilds I've led or took part in leading... DE, Circle of Fear, Aliens, WP
Other guilds I've been in. UE, FU, OGD, -2P-, Crafters, Clerics, DtA, LION, WoH, Nemesis, A.
Go to Top of Page

Skiy
Stygian Newborn

32 Posts

Posted - 04/21/2017 :  2:19:49 PM  Show Profile Send Skiy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I even pick up others peoples gold, makes me feel like a boyscout
Go to Top of Page

jesus
Stygian Peasant

56 Posts

Posted - 04/21/2017 :  9:16:34 PM  Show Profile Send jesus a Private Message  Reply with Quote
this will greatly increase the rate of items coming into the game though, since as it is most people don't even pick up 50% of their drops, so I think you should make it more like 5x loot 10x rarer
Go to Top of Page

Remi
Stygian Peasant

Finland
77 Posts

Posted - 04/22/2017 :  10:14:03 AM  Show Profile Send Remi a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by KaaLimaTo

make every stack item, including gold drop 1/10th of what their drop rate is now, and 10x the quantity

It's annoying to pick up stuff after every monster.

Haha, I was just thinking about suggesting this while I was hunting today. It would be great even it was only done with gold drops.

Good idea

Edited by - Remi on 04/22/2017 10:16:58 AM
Go to Top of Page

DEV Lothgar
Stygian God

USA
8993 Posts

Posted - 04/22/2017 :  12:43:01 PM  Show Profile Send DEV Lothgar a Private Message  Reply with Quote
How about we have the mobs drop a loot crate and you can loot it just like a corpse... SPACE BAR.

Community: When will the game be done? Lothgar: Soon™

There are only 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary and those who have friends.
We-re not necessarily so brilliant as some of the things we-ve done might lead us to believe.

Edited by - GM Westley on 11/27/2006 12:35:36
Go to Top of Page

KaaLimaTo
Stygian Hero

Finland
2065 Posts

Posted - 04/22/2017 :  1:39:40 PM  Show Profile Send KaaLimaTo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

How about we have the mobs drop a loot crate and you can loot it just like a corpse... SPACE BAR.

That works if it's easier to implement.

"This is dregrading into some seriously immature sht. Grow the hell up guys. Arguing over nothing.. I know you bored but just look at how retarded this conversation looks from a different perspective." -Concept

quote:

EL has still been evolving from even a few years ago. We've tried different approaches and have finally locked in on something we liked. More indepth world and gameplay mechanics. More emphasis on PvE but still a great emphasis on PvP. We've moved away from the "Wow-Like quest handholding" as the primary form of gameplay and have chosen to do a more open world area with points of interest that have a mix of quests, farming, grinding, exploration. But it is not what the old classic Dransik players wanted. They wanted a more simplistic world without a barrage of different mechanics. They wanted the simplicity of old Dransik with brutal PvP, large areas to explore and more. I totally understand the desire of LO and I can agree with it. I understand some players will play both. Some will stay only with LO, some will migrate to EL. From our point of view, as long as it makes sense to refactor and launch LO it is a viable option. It would make a section of the community happy and also relieve the EL project from trying to satisfy everybody. Each game can focus on the proper audience.

Edited by - KaaLimaTo on 04/22/2017 1:39:54 PM
Go to Top of Page

Remi
Stygian Peasant

Finland
77 Posts

Posted - 04/22/2017 :  2:20:59 PM  Show Profile Send Remi a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

I would rather have the items dropping on ground...spacebaring corpses is very close to autoloot (which i personally dislike), and you'll keep filling your backpack with items you don't want...And having tons of corpses from monsters in PvP situation would be confusing.

Edited by - Remi on 04/22/2017 2:22:37 PM
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Elderlands Forums © Asylumsoft, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000