Elderlands Forums
Elderlands Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
 All Forums
 Lothgar Online
 Lothgar Online Suggestions
 Removing guards from Valley of Giants
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Spyder
Stygian Knight

584 Posts

Posted - 05/31/2017 :  08:09:50 AM  Show Profile Send Spyder a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The guards need to be removed from Valley of Giants. Any time you go to pvp there, players instantly run to the guards. There is two locations they can run too, and it's a bit ridiculous.

quote:
Originally posted by Paranoia

Wow this thread is amazing. A place for all the 19 year old Canadicans/Ameradians to come and be like "ITS FRIDAY I-M AT MY COMPUTER AND I-M SOOOO WASTED LOOOOL. ALCOHOL IS SOOO COOOL LOOOOWWOWLLL...".

Alcohol isn-t cool. YOU GUYS ARE.

("\(//_-)/") Emo

Sidas
Stygian Patron

USA
1692 Posts

Posted - 05/31/2017 :  3:10:05 PM  Show Profile Send Sidas a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Disagree. The guards give a place to go AFK if you really need to (though not 100% effective based on the epeen bragging in GC yesterday). There should always be incentive to stay in the game than logout since if you logout you may not log back in.

IX Sidas
Veteran Member of Nove Avatara
Scientia triumphus totus

Go to Top of Page

Kratos 1
Stygian Newborn

12 Posts

Posted - 05/31/2017 :  4:13:38 PM  Show Profile Send Kratos 1 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Spyder

The guards need to be removed from Valley of Giants. Any time you go to pvp there, players instantly run to the guards. There is two locations they can run too, and it's a bit ridiculous.

Agreed, especially since the guards aren't killable. Look, you want some guards up there so you can go AFK in a PvP, no safe zone, slaughter game? Fine, go for it. But at least allow the PvPers to kill the guards off one by one while the "prey" either log or sit there begging for guildmates to come help.

I mean.... Guards guarding absolutely nothing (Northport that is) in a prime hunting ground? Sounds pretty stupid to me. I don't know???
Go to Top of Page

Sidas
Stygian Patron

USA
1692 Posts

Posted - 05/31/2017 :  4:52:09 PM  Show Profile Send Sidas a Private Message  Reply with Quote
How doesn't it make sense to have strong guards for a port in an area called THE VALLEY OF GIANTS?

IX Sidas
Veteran Member of Nove Avatara
Scientia triumphus totus

Go to Top of Page

MalakezDarnos
Stygian Squire

United Kingdom
359 Posts

Posted - 06/01/2017 :  05:30:58 AM  Show Profile  Click to see MalakezDarnos's MSN Messenger address Send MalakezDarnos a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Just log out? lol? Why AFK when you can just logout?
Go to Top of Page

AmyMackle82
Stygian Newborn

6 Posts

Posted - 06/01/2017 :  2:39:09 PM  Show Profile Send AmyMackle82 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Spyder

I do not believe this is necessary. If you're unable to kill your prey before the run to the guards then that's your problem not ours. It's a port after all and who knows maybe the port will function one day and the last thing we need is people camping the port exit.

Stop crying about things pvp related we got everything we wanted, play the game or move on to another game.
Go to Top of Page

Dhae
Stygian Peasant

Finland
83 Posts

Posted - 06/02/2017 :  03:27:52 AM  Show Profile  Click to see Dhae's MSN Messenger address Send Dhae a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Id say you could make guards spawn randomly all over the map for the funs.

LO - PoP Dhaemon
Dransik - RG, DAS, WHG, LOD, LG, ?, RED, HC
AE - Austin Power - EYE, WHG, O, P
Vorlia - Dhaemon - V, O, RG

-Order is for idiots, genius can handle chaos.
Go to Top of Page

SephiGast
Stygian Squire

United Kingdom
187 Posts

Posted - 06/02/2017 :  03:41:52 AM  Show Profile Send SephiGast a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Dhae... that would be most amusing ;)
Go to Top of Page

Remi
Stygian Peasant

Finland
77 Posts

Posted - 06/22/2017 :  07:32:30 AM  Show Profile Send Remi a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Something definitely needs to be done with these guards at VoG. If you they are not being removed, they need to be toned down from what they are now. It is really unfair to have guards up there that run faster than player, and 1-2 hit everybody.

We just had occasion where we were pking in VoG, and one of us accidently lured guards on him. Even everybody started fleeing instantly, 4 of us ended up dead. The main problem is their movement speed, which is a lot faster than player moves. You can't escape from them once they've seen you.

The movement speed of those guards needs to be decreased to same what players have. If not, then the damage they deal has to be drastically reduced

Loot timer on criminal body is 2 minutes, and running back to VoG from crim spawn is like 4 minutes. You get looted for sure if you die up there. There is no need to have this unfair factor in form of these "supreme guards".
Go to Top of Page

Demented
Stygian Squire

USA
154 Posts

Posted - 06/22/2017 :  07:42:15 AM  Show Profile  Send Demented a Yahoo! Message Send Demented a Private Message  Reply with Quote
LOL how is it anyones fault if your stupid enough to run INTO the guards crim and die thats the point of guards for one and for two its GOOD that vog is that far from town is a good thing you can still make it to the docks from faren before your body lootable if you wernt crim i think its perfect were it is honestly and eventually those spots will be used.

The Devil May Walk Beside Me...
Go to Top of Page

Friend
Stygian Squire

432 Posts

Posted - 06/22/2017 :  3:01:36 PM  Show Profile Send Friend a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I think guards should be there because otherwise getting pk'd up there would make it nearly impossible to escape. I have looted people in that area and they ahve got free its pretty fair I like how it is. Although yea the speed of guards should be toned down, they should just be a safe haven not a awy to change the course of the battle by dropping half ur team.

Rippity
Go to Top of Page

Remi
Stygian Peasant

Finland
77 Posts

Posted - 06/22/2017 :  6:44:38 PM  Show Profile Send Remi a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Friend

Although yea the speed of guards should be toned down, they should just be a safe haven not a awy to change the course of the battle by dropping half ur team.

Exactly
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Elderlands Forums © Asylumsoft, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000