Elderlands Forums
Elderlands Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
 All Forums
 Lothgar Online
 Lothgar Online Suggestions
 Feedback
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author  Topic Next Topic  

Secos
Stygian Squire

155 Posts

Posted - 01/03/2018 :  11:28:15 AM  Show Profile Send Secos a Private Message  Reply with Quote
So I've been following Elderlands and LO for quite a few years. There's a couple of flaws that I see...

a. Progress is infrequent and slow. I know Lothgar is busy and has a full time job so I guess it is what it is.

b. I see this as the biggest issue. On all projects the changes that come from patches are wide sweeping, often changing major core systems, vision, etc. It seems to me like it goes from left to right and right to left. With these major changes there are always many new bugs that crop up.

So if you look at it from a progress standpoint to me it seems like the project never gets past a certain point. Major systems, core features, etc should be set early and set in stone. Then it should move past that base or point...it should come down to simply bug squashing and adding additional content.

So if you look at it from a progress standpoint...

a. Core systems
b. Core content
c. bug squashing
d. balance
e. additional content

...If you keep going back and redoing item A, you never get to item c and d and e. I'm not a game developer. I also in all transparency don't hop in and play very much. I'm waiting for the game to get to a more complete state before I do.

So I guess my question is, will the project ever get to a more complete state? It seems to me that it keeps going in one big slow circle of half completion and then redoing work. The game never seems to get dialed in or off the ground.

Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Elderlands Forums © Asylumsoft, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000